Industrial Electrical Systems for Mechanical Craftworkers
Price : Please Enquire
- An appreciation of the rules relating to electrical safety.
- An appreciation of the nature and behaviour of electricity including its quantification and effects.
- Be familiar with circuit design, including the relationship between fuses/M.C.B’s, cable sizes and their current carrying capacities.
- Describe how electric shock is prevented by means of protection against direct and indirect contact, including R.C.D’s, earthing and bonding.
- Describe D.C. and A.C. single phase and three phase, their relative merits and applications.
- Develop an awareness of electromagnetism and its applications in contractors, motors and solenoids.
- Describe the operation of three phase induction motors, their control protection, connection and testing.
- Be capable of constructing control circuits, incorporating various forms of switches, contactors and protection devices.